Midland Hotel in Morecambe was originally built in 1848, then known
as the North Western, when the railway first came to Poulton-Le-Sands.
The railway terminated on the Stone Jetty which was part of the
Morecambe Harbour, later Wards Ship Breakers.
North Western was later renamed The Midland Hotel.
was for a long time a railway hotel, right up into the beginning
of British Railways.
the 1930s the area around the harbour was redeveloped. The
old Midland Hotel was demolished and replaced with the present building.