Pavillion (Winter Gardens) was built in 1897 as part of an extension
to the original Winter Gardens (now demolished).
(seen to the right) staged its last performance in 1977. It
was externally restored in the mid 1990s and has since been taken
over by the Friends of the Victoria Pavillion.
theatre closed in 1977 and was restored externally in the mid 1990s.
at the front was removed towards the end of the 1960s. A new
one, similar to the original, was erected during recent restoration.
site and all it's content are copywrite © 2004 - 2005 Bay-Online.
All rights reserved.